The GoPure Diet – 1200 Calories
Our 1200 calorie diet is specifically designed to maximize the results of dieters using The Go Pure Labs family of diet products by keeping things simple for the body to process and keep the scale moving. Anyone making lifestyle changes should do so with the advice of health care professionals, particularly those with pre-existing medical conditions on medications. Do not stop taking any medications or treatments without your Dr.’s approval.
We also understand that although nutritionists and dietitians recommend 1200 calories for safe, healthy dieting, there are dieters looking for different caloric intakes based on their specific needs and lifestyles (e.g., someone doing heavy labor would require more calories for safe weight loss than someone who worked in an office environment). For those dieters please visit www.gopurelabs.com for 500, 800 and 1500 calorie options.
Helpful Hints: Follow these tips to reach your goals and provide us with complete information to assist you if necessary.
- Keep Daily Food/Activity Journal-CRITICAL to success: Keeping track for the length of the diet can help us determine potential causes for slowed weight loss. Be as complete and specific as possible. Be accurate with serving sizes, calorie amounts and water intake.
- Don’t Be A Scale Watcher: Weight can fluctuate daily up & down up to three pounds! Weigh yourself once when you first wake and after using the restroom. Resist the urge to check the scale during the day.
- Record Daily Weight and Weekly Measurements: At times during the diet, while you may not be seeing movement on the scale, you may still be losing inches in trouble areas. As with the weight loss, take measurements on the same day each week and record both in your daily journals. Continue this through every diet phase.
- Plateaus and Stalling: This happens from time to time. But a true plateau/stall is when you have gone at least four full days without losing weight. Unless you gain two pounds in one day, try not to worry too much until you hit day four. We have plenty of helpful hints to break stalls/plateaus and correct sudden weight gain. Visit our website or call to speak to an agent any time you are concerned.
Go Pure 1200 Calorie Guideline:
- Breakfast: 200 Calories
- Lunch & Dinner: 400 Calories Each
- 2 Snacks: 100 Calories Each
- At least 3 liters of water daily
- Light to moderate exercise should be added to your daily routine. Walking, yoga, light resistance training, biking, etc.
The Four Phases of The Go Pure Diet:
1) Loading (For hCG Pure and Diet Drops Pure ONLY) 2 DAYS. For this phase, the first two days you begin taking the drops, you will want to eat as much food as you can, high in fats and carbohydrates. Good examples are lots of pasta, potatoes and gravy, rice, peanut butter, bread with lots of butter, fried chicken, ice cream, etc. Many people struggle with the hCG Pure diet because they skimp on this phase. You MUST eat until you’re full, then eat some more. Some lose weight during this phase but most will gain a few pounds. This is normal. You need to build up a high calorie storage for the first few days while your body acclimates to the product properly. Not loading properly can backfire and cause stalling within the first week. If you load properly, the weight you may gain comes off quickly.
2) The Low Calorie Diet-For All Products Followed for 3-6 Weeks. This will be started on day 3 for hCG Pure and Diet Drops Pure and daily with all other Go Pure products. Follow the guidelines above using the approved food list following this section. Those with special dietary needs or on medications should consult with their doctor prior to making any changes with their current recommendations. This phase will last for at least 3 weeks and can be followed for up to six weeks, depending on your weight loss goal and diet planning. For advice, please call our toll-free support line and speak with an agent.
3) Stabilization-For All Products To Be Followed for 3 Weeks. During this phase you will stop taking hCG Pure or Diet Drops Pure. You may continue taking capsule products. Start to re-introduce regular foods back into your diet except for sugar and starch. Add one or two new foods back into your daily diet, continuing to keep your journal to help you determine which foods your body processes well and which foods you should use in moderation or avoid completely. While some will continue to lose a little weight during this phase, the goal is to stabilize at the weight you finished at on Phase 2. Also referred to as your ‘stop weight’.
4) Maintenance-For All Products Followed AT LEAST 3 Weeks. Those who have not reached their goal weight can continue with this phase or go back to Phase 1 for hCG Pure and Diet Drops Pure, Phase 2 for all other products. This phase you will continue to keep your journal while slowly adding all remaining foods back. As always and with anything, use moderation with sweets, starches, sodas, etc. Keeping your journal will continue to help you determine which foods your body struggles to remove and which you can eat without causing weight gain. By the time you reach the end of Phase 4 you should be back to what is considered a ‘normal’ diet at 1500-2000 calories.
Additional tips for success to keep the scale moving
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily
- Get a good night’s sleep. This reduces craving-causing hormones.
- Try to limit salt & watch for hidden sugars in seasonings.
- Choose clean wholesome food, organic when possible.
- There are no miracle pills or magic bullets. It does take work.
- The main purpose is to raise your awareness on what you are eating.
- When you stop your diet, to prevent rebound, keep eating right.
- Use Variety in Your Diet: Try to vary your daily menus & snacks. We all have favorites but don’t eat the same thing daily or from meal to meal and avoid too much red meat, shrimp, tomatoes and oranges as these foods tend to cause stalls when used too often.
- Prepare a Few Meals in Advance: This can help you avoid ‘cheating’ on days you are in a hurry or have a long day and simply don’t feel like cooking.
- Never hesitate to use our support line and email when needed. Agents are standing by to help you achieve success. The only bad question is the one not asked.
ALLOWED FOODS LIST
Protein from meats: Calories listed per ounce are approximate so check labels. Portions depend on the caloric intake you choose. 50% of calories should come from proteins. On 1200 calories, that is 2-3 servings, sizes depending on protein type.
- Egg Whites, 20 cal. Per egg
- Chicken Breast or Turkey Breast-35 calories per ounce
- Extra Lean Ground Beef (95% lean) –40 calories per ounce
- Eye of Round, Flank Steak, Top Sirloin –50 calories per ounce
- Bison (buffalo), Venison (deer) – 40 calories per ounce
- Tuna Fish (canned in water) – 35 calories per ounce
- Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Scallops- 30 calories per ounce
- Orange Roughy, Cod, Flounder, Sole, Sea Bass, Tilapia, Halibut, Mahi-Mahi-30 calories per ounce
Vegetarian Protein: The calorie content varies, check the nutritional label for portion sizes and corresponding calories.
- Tofu (firm or extra firm) – 15-30 calories per ounce
- Tofu “Miracle” Noodles – 5-10 calories per ounce
Dairy Protein: Make sure all selections are “non-fat” or “skim”
- Skim Milk – 1 Cup (8 oz.) – 90 calories
- Yogurt (plain, non-fat) – ¾ cup (6 oz.) – 95 calories
- Cottage Cheese (plain, non-fat) – ¾ cup (6 oz.) – 120 calories
Vegetables: Measurements BEFORE cooking, listed per cup
- Chicory, Chard, Red Radishes-25 Calories per cup
- Lettuce (any type)-30 Calories per cup
- Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Celery, Onions, Spinach, Fennel, Asparagus, Cabbage, Beet Greens- all contain approximately 50 calories per cup.
For best results, use only one vegetable at a time with a few exceptions: You can use some onions in cooking. For a salad you can use two cups of lettuce alone or one cup of lettuce with ½ cup tomato, ½ cups cucumber, and a few onions. Mixing any other vegetables together can complicate digestion during the diet.
- Medium Apple or Orange-75 calories
- Half Grapefruit-50 calories
- Strawberries, sliced 1 cup-50 calories
- Blueberries, ½ cup whole-40 calories
Starches: One serving equals 1 piece (not the serving size on the box)
- Melba Toast – 1 cracker – 15 calories
- Grissini Breadstick – 1 breadstick – 15 calories
- Ak Mak Crackers – 1 piece (separated at the perforation) – 20 calories
- Wasa “Lite” Crackers – 1 piece – 25-45 calories (depending on the variety – carefully read the label)
Beverages: You can consume unlimited amounts of the following liquids; consume at least 3 liters of water every day in addition to the other “free” beverages.
- Black Coffee–no creamer (only 1 TB of fat free milk per day is allowed for use in coffee and/or tea. Additional milk used counts toward daily calories.
- Teas–plain black or green tea only, self–brewed. You may sweeten with Stevia or Saccharin and flavor with either a fresh lemon, lime or orange only. No additional added flavors or ingredients in the tea packets or bags including fruit, rosebuds, roots, honey, etc. (absolutely no pre-made or pre-bottled teas)
- Water – distilled is best
- Sparkling (Pellegrino, Perrier, etc.) and Mineral Water (no flavored waters)
Sweeteners: Only Stevia and Saccharin (Sweet ‘N Low) and Go Pure Yacon Syrup are allowed. Aspartame, Sucralose (Splenda) and regular sugar are not allowed.
Spices/Seasonings: You can use any spice you want, just be sure it doesn’t contain sugar or starch. Salt and pepper are allowed. Read the ingredients of everything you consume, even a minor intake of something that is not allowed can stall you. Go Pure Yacon Syrup can be used similarly to maple syrup for flavoring. 3 TB per day can help with weight loss.
- Canola Oil – 3 tablespoons per day
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons per day
- Coconut Oil- 3 tablespoons per day
Chewing Gum: You can have gum, but be sure it is flavored ONLY with Xylitol (a natural sweetener). Most brands use Aspartame as well, which is not allowed.
*Again, this diet and the allowed foods for Phase 2 are designed to keep it very simple for your body to maximize weight loss. The closer you follow these recommendations, the less likely to experience stalls and weight gain.